Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My mother always said, if you want something done - ask a busy person.  I am that busy person. So why not start a blog?  Let's see....there's my first job (Scientist), my second (side-hustle), my third (house cleaner / chauffeur / cook). I think I count as busy.  And as working moms know, there really is no separation between these job.  In fact, they friequently run together. Sometimes to our benefit - my kids always have awesome science fair projects.  But ususally to our embarassment.  I know I left a trail of moist breast pads in various places when my kids were babies because I would get to the pumping room at work and find only one in my bra.  I can only imagine where the other ended up and what the person who found it must have thought....

I have chosen to call this blog Doing Science Backwards and in High Heels as a tribute to Ginger Rogers who, as the saying goes, did everything Fred Astair did but backwards and in high heels. I am fairly certain that most of my male colleagues have not outlined a grant at a McDonald's playand table or edited a manuscript in the pumping room or juggled birthday parties for twins the same weekend before a grant deadline.

So that's me. Scientist, wife, mother, small business owner and now blogger. My life is busy, messy, embarassing, and probably good for a few laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment